Saving Your Business Money with Commercial Asphalt Paving
While paving and parking lots may not be the first things that come to mind when you are looking to save money, there are many aspects of commercial asphalt paving that a business can benefit from to reduce long term costs and ensure proper installation, drainage, infrastructure, and client safety.
Commercial asphalt paving allows you to replace old, outdated, and severely damaged pavement and asphalt to extend its life and use. Properly installed asphalt pavement can last 20 years or longer if the job is done correctly.
Learn how you could be saving your business money with commercial asphalt paving.
Maintain Your Own Lot, Road, or Pavement
One way that you could be saving your business money with commercial asphalt paving is by creating, maintaining, and taking charge of your own parking lot or asphalt space.
Commercial asphalt paving allows you to have you own parking lot, eliminating the cost of maintaining a satellite parking lot. It also provides your customers with a guaranteed place to park since you can dictate the size, line striping, and type of lot.
That amount of control offers more flexibility and provides your business with more profit potential in the form of more customers that can visit, shop, or select your service.
Take Advantage of Tax Credits
You may be able to get tax credits for using porous asphalt and other responsible drain and wastewater management systems. Tax credits and other environmental perks are a great way for saving your business money with commercial asphalt paving.
Porous asphalt and other permeable pavements are good for parking lots and other surfaces and better for the environment than traditional pavement, since it allows water to seep through the asphalt as opposed to sitting on top of it or running into municipal sewage and drain systems.
This type of pavement may also perform better in cold weather and require less salting for ice. Porous asphalt and other environmentally conscious paving options helps reduce the strain on city and county resources, including their sewage and drain systems.
Asphalt, Construction, Road, Work, Blue Work, Blue Road
Since the point of installing or repairing you asphalt is to save money down the road, it only makes sense to get the best price for the best quality. Asphalt is one of the most affordable options for paving, especially compared to concrete, brick, and stone options. It is often more durable than other surfaces too.
Shop around and compare quotes for commercial asphalt services. Speak to at least 3-5 contractors and get quotes, then compare the quality and satisfaction of their customers to help inform your decision.
Price is important when making a long-term decision like asphalt installation that will affect your overall budget, but don’t forget that quality matters. A poorly done, cheap asphalt job will leave you with regret, many repairs, and a sped-up need for replacement.
Hire the Right Contractor
Hiring an experienced, trustworthy commercial asphalt contractor that will do the job right the first time is just as important as maintaining the asphalt you currently have, if not more so.
Read customer reviews online, look at the results of a company’s previous asphalt jobs, and when deciding on an asphalt contractor don’t skimp on quality. If possible, find a contractor that offer not only asphalt installation, but also provides reasonably priced maintenance services such as line striping, crack filling, sealcoating, and more.
The team at APTNJ has been in the asphalt business for almost 35 years and has completed many different commercial asphalt projects. We know exactly how to ensure the best quality asphalt surface and function, with satisfied customers that confirm that reputation for quality.
One of the best ways of saving your business money with commercial asphalt paving is top install or improve your current drainage system within asphalt.
Parking lots with bad drainage can end up with pools of stagnant water that invite pests and accidents, not to mention the harm they do to the pavement. Poor draining results in standing water that slowly breaks down and compromises asphalt, leading to cracks and potholes.
Even flat driveways and surfaces should have a certain degree of slope and a crown. Drainage can be improved by paving correctly so that water runs into drains and sewer grates, installing porous asphalt, and placing gutters and drains in correct locations to handle runoff.
Invest in Maintenance
Invest in asphalt maintenance. It may last for years, but with proper maintenance, it will last for decades and save you so much more money in the long run.
Small seasonal touch-ups and repairs for problems like cracks, potholes, and water or snow damage can help prevent car accidents and ensure your asphalt looks and functions as it should.
It’s a good idea to schedule regular maintenance when you begin to see a change in asphalt, whether more cracks, potholes, or other issues, or have experienced heavy traffic or seasonal weather. Each asphalt will require different service based on the location, type, and wear that it experiences.
- Protect asphalt from water damage, harmful UV rays, chemical pollutants, and other runoff from vehicles and the environment.
- Sealcoating helps extend pavement life as well as the life of any line striping or paint markings on asphalt.
- Sealcoating should be done every 3-5 years, depending on asphalt use and traffic.
Crack Filling & Repair
- The most important reason to maintain and repair cracks is to prevent moisture from penetrating under the asphalt surface causing damage to your driveway.
- Repairing damage to asphalt is a fast and easy way to extend its life and ensure cracks don’t spread or let water in.
- Potholes are more than an inconvenience to drivers and pedestrians, they can cause vehicle damage, host pools of water and insects, and grow larger the longer they are left unfilled.
- Potholes are notorious for causing flat hires, which could leave you with irate customers or patrons.
- Poorly repaired potholes can cause crumbling asphalt, color differences, and a bumpy ride over the surface.
Paving Fabric Overlay
- If the original base for the lot was well done, and is still solid and stable, you can add an overlay of two or more inches of compacted asphalt top smooth everything out and make it look new.
- Paving fabric overlay ensures that this overlay extends asphalt life and protects it from further surface damage.
Sweeping & Cleaning
- Just because asphalt can handle the elements, doesn’t mean it should be left alone to endure. Sweeping and cleaning extend the life of pavement and are a simple part of maintenance.
- Leaving residue, water, snow, and other debris on the surface will shorten its lifetime and can make the asphalt more prone to damage.
- Scraping ice and laying salt can also damage asphalt. Asphalt should be swept clean to preserve its finish and maintain any protective sealants.
Get A Commercial Asphalt Quote
Advanced Pavement Technologies understands that finding a trustworthy, efficient, and competent asphalt contractor is extremely important to a business. Advanced Pavement Technologies has been a leader in the asphalt maintenance industry since 1986.
Hire the right contractor to ensure you are saving your business money with commercial asphalt paving. We guarantee an excellent job that will last your business for years.
APTNJ provides asphalt services under one contractor, and perform line striping basin installation, repairs, and more. It is our passion to perform high quality services that exceed industry standards and meet the individual needs of our customers. Get a free asphalt quote for installation, repair, or maintenance now!